Delta Dash Registered Runner Information
**Please Read in its entirety **
You've registered and we hope you are all up to the challenge!!! We want to make sure that all of our participants are well informed about what to expect race day so that everyone has a blast at our event!!!
The waiver is included in below for you to review, print and sign! (there will be copies for you to sign at check-in, however by printing, reading and signing in advance this will allow check in to move faster).
All participants must turn in a signed waiver at check in at the event, participants under 18 must have their parent/legal guardian sign the waiver and participants under 16 must have their parent/legal guardian present at the race, participants under 12 must have a parent/legal guardian registered to run with them.
Click here to view the liability waiver! Please read in its entirety and pay close attention to item # 10 as it describes the course in more detail!!!
- From Mobile, Alabama: Take I-65 north across the I-65 Big Bridge, take exit 31 (the first exit north of the bridge/Hwy 225 Spanish Fort/Stockton Exit), take a left onto Hwy 225 North, stay on Hwy225 north - you will pass a Shell station on your right, go around a curve, and the entrance to Live Oak Landing will then be on your left. There will be signs as well as people to direct you to parking.
- From Montgomery, Alabama: Take I-65 south to exit 31 (the last exit before the big I-65 bridge/Hwy 225 Spanish Fort/Stockton Exit), take a right onto Hwy 225 North, stay on Hwy225 north - you will pass a Shell station on your right, go around a curve, and the entrance to Live Oak Landing will then be on your left. There will be signs as well as people to direct you to parking.
- From Daphne/Spanish Fort/Fairhope: Take Hwy 225 from Spanish Fort, you will travel more than 15 miles on Hwy 225 then you will cross over I-65. Continue North on Hwy225 north - you will pass a Shell station on your right, go around a curve, and the entrance to Live Oak Landing will then be on your left. There will be signs as well as people to direct you to parking.
- Live Oak Landing Address: 8700 Stockton Way, Bay Minette, AL 36507
- Runners should arrive at least 90 minutes prior to their heat, but no earlier than 7:15am. Parking and registration will open at 7:15am.
- PARKING - $3 recommended donation per vehicle. The Bay Minette Youth Baseball League is assisting with parking, donations are welcome. They will also have carts to run you from your parking spot to the start/finish area. Donations are highly recommended and welcome.
- All runners must present a photo ID at check in (with the exception of runners 15 and under who will be accompanied by a parent or guardian with an ID)
- Without a photo ID, runners WILL NOT be permitted to run the Delta Dash; please come prepared as no refunds will be given for lack of ID.
- Runners WILL NOT be permitted to run without a signed waiver the day of the event (please see info above and link).
- Safety is our #1 priority for our participants, volunteers and spectators. There will be emergency personnel on hand at the pavilion and on the course.
- When runners check in they will receive their bib, t-shirt, runners bag, wristband, food ticket, hugger and other goodies!
- All runner's will be equipped with a chip timer, and will allow race directors to know that all runners have made it safely off the course.
- Racer registration includes food and beverages, however, friends, family and other spectators can purchase a wristband and food ticket for entry in to the post party if they would like to have lunch and beverages. Red wristbands for those under 21, and those not wanting beer with their lunch, will be sold for $10. Green wristbands will be sold to those 21+ who would like to have beer with their lunch for $15. NOTE-RUNNERS DO NOT HAVE TO PURCHASE THESE WRISTBANDS; LUNCH/BEVERAGES ARE INCLUDED WITH THE RUNNERS REGISTRATION. ONLY SPECTATORS WILL HAVE TO PAY FOR THE WRISTBANDS IF THEY WANT TO HAVE LUNCH/BEVERAGES AT THE POST PARTY.
- Beer will be offered as a beverage of choice to runners, friends, family and spectators who are 21+ and have shown photo ID. Each green wristband will allow 3 trips to the keg during the post party. NOTE: OVER INDULGENCE OF ALCOHOL AND UNRULY BEHAVIOR WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. Our post-race party is a chance for runners to unwind, enjoy food and music and share their favorite parts of the course with each other!
- AWARDS: Trophies will be awarded for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place overall in a men's and women's division of the competitive race at approximately 10:40am.
Here are a few items that you may want to bring with you/wear on race day:
- Shoes that you don't mind getting dirty (note: no bare feet, flip flops, open toe or open heel shoes will be allowed in the starting chute - IT IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED THAT PARTICIPANTS WEAR SHOES FOR THE ENTIRE COURSE).
- Clean shoes to change into for the post race party
- Clean change of clothes.
- A towel to dry/clean off with
- Bug spray - we are on the Delta!
- Sun screen - it's going to be a hot one!
- A pair of gloves to use on the course if you would like
- A garbage bag to sit on or put your delta dirty clothes in for the ride home.
- A smile, good attitude and a competitive spirit! Let's get prepared to get DELTA DIRTY!
Please feel free to contact the North Baldwin Chamber of Commerce with any questions, concerns or comments:
Ashley can be reached at the North Baldwin Chamber of Commerce at 251.937.5665 ext 2 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
301 McMeans Ave // PO Box 310, Bay Minette, AL 36507
251.937.5665 // email@example.com